Friday, 5 December 2014

Treatment

My documentary is about how my grandparents met, it will be a break down of what they were doing before meeting each other. It dates back at the late 60s when technology isn't what it is now so they explain how they stayed together through the years. In the documentary, you will see old archive of the couple through the years and see them age and how much their relationship has developed.

 Of course the theme will be a romantic tale with some humour, audiences of all ages are able to watch this. There will not be any happy music or any fancy romance touches, it will be a simple concept of a conversation between the couple and the interviewer. There won't be any footage as I wanted the audiences to have the choice of watching or listening as it is clear interview with a story.

 The length I am aiming for the documentary is at least five minutes as it is a short, sweet story. I don't want the audience to be bored of a long interview about how two people met as it will end up being waffled and will lose that feeling of meeting that person for the first time. It will be shot with some fade in and fade out effects to show a professional essence within it and images would be clear and easy to see, I will be taking pictures up to 720p when taking pictures of the archive. The sound I made sure was to be clear and easy to listen to, with nothing to distract the audiences from listening, it will be HD sound also.

The target audience will be a broad range from children to the elderly. I aimed to make it a all rounder so people of all ages will be able to listen or watch the story. The gender I will be aiming for is mostly females but well as males as in the documentary the story is mostly told by my grandmother so people can hear it through her eyes, for the males, it will be my Granddad telling the story from his point of view but it won't be too much detail.

 When it comes to making links and what I have caught from other Documentaries or even films is probably only one. Which is the film 'When Harry Met Sally' at the beginning of the film and in several breaks when the movie jumps one year to the next, a elderly couple is shown and explains of they met. It was an interesting concept as every story they told was different and somewhat unique, you can tell what type of people they were by the few shot minutes also the fact that some of them were months or even years before they all got married. When watching this, I wanted to something similar, an interview with a couple and hear their story before they got married.

I will hope this will be shown in the cinema as a short before a movie as it would do well to show people a love story, a personal one on that note. I feel it would be interesting to watch before a film, especially if the film the audience are going to see is a romantic one. It would be telling a story that is outside all the cliches and predictable measures, instead, it gives a reality view of stort telling and love.



No comments:

Post a Comment